This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise Console Not Updating

Hello,

I am having an issue with Sophos Enterprise Console for antivirus. The updates section says "Last update on Not available". This has always worked before. The clients are still receiving definitions. They are 10 days old so it may have started at that time. The software subscription is recommended. Does anyone have any ideas on this please?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

Can you do as follows:
    1. Stop the Sophos Update Manager Service
    2. Stop the Sophos Agent Service
    3. Under:
    C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Update Manager\Logs\
    Delete the existing SUM Trace files.
    4. Under:
    C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Agent\Logs
    Delete all Agent logs

You can backup the logs if you like, this is just to ensure it's easier to find the latest logs and existing ones aren't appended to.

5. Start the Sophos Update Manager Service
    6. Start the Sophos Agent Service.
    7. Wait a couple of minutes.
    8. Initiate an update now of the Update Manager from SEC (hopefully it shows in SEC as downloading binaries, etc..)

Note: if you have no luck initiating an update from SEC, you can connect straight to SUM, to do so:
    Create a new "String" value called "logonkey" under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[wow6432node if 64-bit]\Sophos\UpdateManager\Security\
    give it a value of, for example: password
    In a command prompt run:
    telnet 127.0.0.1 54321
    to connect to SUM.
    Note: you may need to add the Telnet client - technet.microsoft.com/.../cc771275(v=ws.10).aspx
    When prompted enter the password set in the reg key.
    You can then issue SUM the command:
    ExecuteNow
    Note: It is case sensitive.
    You can see logging in the telnet window also.

9. Leave another 5 minutes.
    10. Can you make available the newly created files under:
    C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Update Manager\Logs\
    C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Remote Management System\3\Agent\Logs\

Pasebin links might be easiest.

As a separate test, do you have any issues re-confirming the password as set when configuring the Update Manager to update from Sophos?

Thanks,
    Jak

• Hello

Provided instruction didn't work for me ! can you update with new solution. 

• Hello Mustafa Dastyarmal,

Not Updating can have a number of causes, and there's no (simple) procedure which solves all of them.
    You've selected (whether arbitrarily or not I can't tell) two older threads describing quite different problems and replied didn't work, tell me something else. There is quite a number of potential solutions but it's not wise to try them one after the other. Instead please give a more detailed description of your problem (ideally with a screenshot, excerpts from the logs) - it'd be much easier to make a useful suggestion.

Christian   

• Hello Mustafa Dastyarmal,

Not Updating can have a number of causes, and there's no (simple) procedure which solves all of them.
    You've selected (whether arbitrarily or not I can't tell) two older threads describing quite different problems and replied didn't work, tell me something else. There is quite a number of potential solutions but it's not wise to try them one after the other. Instead please give a more detailed description of your problem (ideally with a screenshot, excerpts from the logs) - it'd be much easier to make a useful suggestion.

Christian   

Children
No Data