This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.3 Windows Event ID 16389 - Updates cannot be downloaded

Installed SEC 5.3, Updates are not retrieved, therefore CIDs not filled and clients cannot update.

Windows EventID 16389 shown (Failed to read customer file content.)

Subscription is working with a standalone installation (same machine, different machine, tested all).

Re-Installed already, deleted DB, still the same.

Any thoughts?

:57171

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • SEC itselfs provides me that https://www.sophos.com/de-de/support/knowledgebase/66157.aspx

Too shorten this, it is a new single fresh install, no child servers, no warehouse moved and no products subscribed that are retired (at least we bought it last week and got the software downloads based on our license directly from Sophos, so cannot imagine they provide unsupported software too download and sell it as newest version ;-) )

:57172
  • Hello COMPLEXUM,

looks like an issue on the backend as you seem to be able to connect (and the SA version does update). I'd suggest that you contact customercare@sophos.com.

Christian

:57176
  • Dear Christian,

thank you very much for your reply.

Sophos Support Germany is taking care.

We have checked so far...

HW Firewall (access to dci.sophosupd.com and net) - working

Outdated Products - not existent

Fresh install - done (twice, DB was removed before 2nd install)

Account data - not c&p, typed in manually, works fine for standalone (so credentials supplied are accepted)

server-client comm - works, clients installed manually are shown up as "managed"

Created a dump - send to support, support is waiting for internal acceptance by the "lab"

Support provided that SEC is not comming through to anyway.

Update: Just received a message from Support, that Console would not opening and/or showing up based on a event ID, but it is working in all funtions - besides the update.

Before installing Sophos ESET NOD was present with a EC also, the uninstall (the whole product anyway) is a nightmare, anything known about conflicts here with a previous installation of ESED NOD (it left services, files and folders after installation).

Thank you very much.

:57177
  • It is SOLVED! :) :) :)

The reason was the Gateway-AV from the hardware firewall blocking the download because it is containing virus signatures (Dell Sonicwall TZ series).
    Dumb me not to check this, but I was relying to an similar setup (same components) where it worked without adapting the Gateway-AV. So learned again, do not rely on experiences made.

(I know, an appliance from Sophos would not have this issue, but we were fine with Dell also but will check Sophos appliances in the future definitely).

A very very big Thank you to Mr. Wohlfahrt and Mr. Grunow from German Support team for their excellent Support, checking really everything with me together, had a patience that I was starting to miss and gave the final hint regarding the GAV.

Superb Job!!!

Thanks all again, I know why our recommanedations are going to out to Sophos products.
    Many many thanks! :-)

:57182