This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom action failed on Installation of SEC 5.3.1

I've built a clean Windows 2012 R2 server on VMWare 6.0 and patched it.

I have turned on the Computer Browser service.

An installation of SEC v5.3.1 fails with the error "Unable to install Sophos Update Manager - A custom action failed"

This error points me at KB article 114627 but this doesn't cover a failure on Sophos Update Manager.

I have an existing SEC server (v5.1) on the network and want to create a fresh install.

Can anyone give me some pointer on how to diagnose and resolve this issue ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi!,

I don't know if anyone is having the same issue, but the problem is with the password of the SUM account. Any non ASCII character will cause (in this scenario) the problem. Replace any non-ascii/english character and it will work. This is only related to non-english systems (spanish in my case)

In my case, "backwards" exclamation signs (¡) caused the failure. 

Regards,

Antonio.

• Hi!,

I don't know if anyone is having the same issue, but the problem is with the password of the SUM account. Any non ASCII character will cause (in this scenario) the problem. Replace any non-ascii/english character and it will work. This is only related to non-english systems (spanish in my case)

In my case, "backwards" exclamation signs (¡) caused the failure. 

Regards,

Antonio.

Children
No Data