This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All our computers are showing up in the ec with a red x on them.

This is very weird a couple of week ago all our computers showed up with a red x on them in the enterprise console. Whch I think means the computers are not connected to the console and are not being protected by the console I tried to re-protected a group of them with no luck. Our version of the ec we are running is 5.1 also, we are still running windows server 2008 on our server just wondering if, we should try to upgrade to the latest version of the console version 5.3.1?

I did find this at your sophos knowglebase " When the 'Sophos Message Router' service is stopped a message is sent to the management server and the icon against the computer turns to a red cross. The red cross can also appear when the endpoint has failed to report for some time. During installation you may see the red cross when the RMS component is being uninstalled or updated."

The sophos message router service is not stoped it's set on automatic on the local system on the server.

I would appreciate any help you get give us on this matter.

Thanks. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello psaber,

first of all, (not connected to the console and are not being protected) - communication (RMS) and updating ("protection") are independent. The red cross signifies absence of communication, not failed updates (and indeed an endpoint can only report errors like a failed update when communication is established). The article talks about the 'Sophos Message Router' service on the endpoints.
    all our computers showed up with a red x - including the management server itself? In that case please consider rebooting the server (if you haven't done so since the issue started). Does the Updates pane on the dashboard show green or is there an error message?

Christian