This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The user <domain\user> is not assigned to any sub-estates.

Running Windows Server 2019 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1339) member server and Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.1

When trying to open Enterprise Console, a pop-up appears with:

Cannot open Enterprise Console

The user <domain\user> is not assigned to any sub-estates. You must be a member of at least one sub-estate to run the console.

The domain user account that is used is direct member of the local "Sophos Full Administrators" group. (so no nested groups), this user account is also direct member of "Sophos Console Administrators" group.

When logging in as local administrator on this server I can open the Sophos console without problems.

What user right am I missing when logging in as domain user?

Best regards,

Wim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Managed so solve/workaround this problem.

Opened up Sophos Enterprise console as local admin.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Enterprise Console\EnterpriseConsole.exe" >> Shift-right click >> run as different user (.\administrator)

Then I added my user account as a ‘System Administrator’ in Manage Roles and Sub-Estates

And I added my user account to  ‘Default’ sub-estate

Although ‘Sophos Full Administrators’ is already member of these groups in Manage Roles and Sub-Estates, adding my user
    account did the trick.

Looks like the local security group ‘Sophos Full Administrators’, where my user account is a direct member of, does not work.

Hoping to help someone with the same issues.

Regards, Wim

• Managed so solve/workaround this problem.

Opened up Sophos Enterprise console as local admin.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Enterprise Console\EnterpriseConsole.exe" >> Shift-right click >> run as different user (.\administrator)

Then I added my user account as a ‘System Administrator’ in Manage Roles and Sub-Estates

And I added my user account to  ‘Default’ sub-estate

Although ‘Sophos Full Administrators’ is already member of these groups in Manage Roles and Sub-Estates, adding my user
    account did the trick.

Looks like the local security group ‘Sophos Full Administrators’, where my user account is a direct member of, does not work.

Hoping to help someone with the same issues.

Regards, Wim

Children