This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installation de sophos auto update echouée

Bonjour,

Suite à une réinstallation du système d'exploitation des postes clients (windows 10), certains d'entre eux ne parviennent plus à faire la mise à jour echec installation du package MSI Sophos Auto update).

J'ai  tenté une installation en local via chemin UNC mais j'ai la même erreur. Les autres packages s'installent sans problèmes mais pas celui-ci.

7 postes sur 10 sont concernés.

Je n'ai pas de problème réseau ou DNS, le compte utilisé pour l'installation a tous les droits.

Dans le fichier de logs d'Auto uopdate j'ai ce message: "Could not create instance of Iproductsetup2. Reverting to iproductsetup (failure).Installation of product Sophos Autoupdate failed."

Merci d'avance pour votre aide

Fred

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Bonjour and Hello Fred,

I hope an answer in English is ok (the other option would be German) as my French is more than rusty.

Could not create instance of Iproductsetup2
    is not the problem, it has always been there.

It's not a download problem, it's the installation that fails. The relevant MSI log is the Sophos AutoUpdate 5.15.166 install log ......txt in %windir%\Temp\.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Thank you for your help!

OK for the answer in english.

This is the log file you ask:

03-07-2020 10:31:23 Successfully requested Sophos Endpoint Defense disable tamper protection of SAU.
    03-07-2020 10:31:23 Updating credentials have expired.
    03-07-2020 10:31:23 Adding registry key for SophosAlert.exe: cmd.exe /c IF EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\AutoUpdate\SophosAlert.exe" start "Sophos" /B "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\AutoUpdate\SophosAlert.exe"
    03-07-2020 10:31:24 Successfully registered for tamper protection with Sophos Endpoint Defense.
    03-07-2020 10:31:24 Error: Unknown exception

Have a nice day.

Fred

• Hello Fred,

I've seen a few posts (like this one) with this message in the log. It seems that AutoUpdate thinks the license is no longer valid. Did you also get an alert like this one on the endpoints? The article mentions expired credentials for updating from Sophos as cause (though I think updating via UNC should resolve this), the post suggests an outdated version of AutoUpdate as cause (though the updating mechanism is quite resilient and I think this was just a glitch).

Christian 

• Hello Fred,

I've seen a few posts (like this one) with this message in the log. It seems that AutoUpdate thinks the license is no longer valid. Did you also get an alert like this one on the endpoints? The article mentions expired credentials for updating from Sophos as cause (though I think updating via UNC should resolve this), the post suggests an outdated version of AutoUpdate as cause (though the updating mechanism is quite resilient and I think this was just a glitch).

Christian 

Children