This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue Setting Up Message Relay - Access Denied

Note: Due to some restructuring, I am taking over responsibility of managing our Sophos Enterprise Console infrastructure - so I wanted to preface that I am in no way, a SME on this product. 

The goal:

We have recently acquired a remote company, and are trying to manage their IT infrastructure, which includes removing their AV solution and installing our Sophos platform on their devices, and centrally managing it from our console.  Because they are on a different domain entirely, I have been following the KB linked below on setting up a message relay to establish external communication to a VM I have set up, in our DMZ, for their domain to access. 

KB: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/14635

The issue:

Following this article is somewhat confusing, but from what I've gathered, one of the first steps is copying the mrinit.conf file out of the root path of our distribution point (I'm assuming our main Sophos Enterprise Console server?).  I have copied the file out of "\\ourServerFQDN\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\".  The problem is, when I try to paste it into the "rms" subfolder in that file path, as mentioned in step 1.2.2, I get an access denied error.  I am a domain admin, thus have local admin privileges on every machine (I have even added myself to the local administrators group). The local administrator group does have full-control privileges of this, and every parent folder. 

The folder is marked read-only, and I have tried 'un-ticking' read-only, I have tried disabling inheritance in every single parent folder, I have tried changing the folder ownership to myself, in every single parent folder - but nothing is working, I keep getting access denied errors.  I have attempted stopping every running Sophos service I could find, thinking it might be restricted due to a running service?  I have rebooted, and stopped all services - still getting access denied.

Is there something I need to be doing to access R/W permissions on these folders?  Please let me know if there's more information I need to disclose, or if there's a better/different way to manage a separate domain, from our console.

Thank you.

Version:

Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.1

Windows Server 2012 R2 Ver. 6.3 (9600)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.