This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Antivirus (managed) not populating AutoUpdate information on Macs

I'm seeing our Mac's have problem's getting the AutoUpdate info when Sophos Antivirus for Mac is installed.

We are installing via a scripted installation and that has been the same for a long time now - since the change from PKG to an App installer,

Basically the method used is to open a connection to the Enterprise Console and download the whole ESCOSX directory.  Sophos Antivirus is then installed via the command line call:

"Sophos Installer.app"/Contents/MacOS/tools/InstallationDeployer --install

I've also tried manually copying the directory off the Enterprise Console server and manually installing - both by command line and clicking the App.  The software installs, but the AutoUpdate info never gets populated.

I've also tried deleting the machine from the console - no change

The machines are bound to Active Directory.

This was all working late last year but is not working now.  I don't manage the Enterprise Console.  I manage the Mac's. 

Is there something I can look for or ask the Console Administrator to check?  I don't even know how that info gets populated so it's hard to know what to do

Regards,

David

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Yashraj,

Thanks for your reply.  I think you might be mistaken.  I outlined what the scripted installation does - copies the installation folder from the Enterprise Console Server and executes the installer via the command I gave.  That method has been working for years until recently.  In fact, as far as I can see it still works - it's just that the AutoUpdate info is not populating after the installation as it used to

I also said I tested the installation manually by copying the installation folder from the server and manually executing the App by clicking it.  That is what the documentation you pointed me at said is the way to install using the App manually.  The script is just a way to automate that.

Firewall rules - yes I always suspect the firewall but in this case they are not set at all because the firewall is off.

They were good points, but unfortunately I don't think this is where the problem lies.

Regards,

David