This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 on Windows 10 !?

Hi,

I'm trying to update my Sophos Enterprise Console from 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 but the setup is telling me that my operating systeme isn't supported.

The console is running under Windows 10 v1909 with all updates installed.

I made the same operation in another factory of my enterprise with no issue with a console running on a Windows 7 Pro computer.

So why can't i do the update with Windows 10 !?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I had an answer from Sophos Support :

You can upgrade SEC 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 under Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, 2012R2, 2016, 2019.

But not under Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 !!!

The only solution is to reinstall SEC 5.5.2 on a new system running a supported OS ...

I'll stay with SEC 5.5.1 for now.

• Hello Anthony CHETAIL,

do I understand correctly that you are running the full SEC 5.5.1 (Management Server and DB) under Windows 10?

Christian

• Hi,

That's it, we have only about 60 computers, our IT service provider installed SEC like that.

Anthony

• Hi  

In the above case, Management service and Database can't be support for Windows 10.

You can only install remote console or Sophos update manager on windows 10 machine.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hello Anthony,

our IT service provider installed SEC like that
    indeed it was possible with 5.5.1 although you got the warning The computer's operating system is not supported by Sophos Enterprise Console. You can continue with installation at your own risk. Interestingly in French, German, and Japanese the message said not yet which gave the impression that it will be supported with a future (and probably soon to come) release. Your IT service provider might have done so in good faith.

As Jasmin has said, this setup is unsupported. Since 5.5.1 is good for another year it'll likely continue to work as it did until now. Medium-term you either need a server or have to switch to an MSP (dunno though if they still offer SESC) or Central.

Christian

• Hello Anthony,

our IT service provider installed SEC like that
    indeed it was possible with 5.5.1 although you got the warning The computer's operating system is not supported by Sophos Enterprise Console. You can continue with installation at your own risk. Interestingly in French, German, and Japanese the message said not yet which gave the impression that it will be supported with a future (and probably soon to come) release. Your IT service provider might have done so in good faith.

As Jasmin has said, this setup is unsupported. Since 5.5.1 is good for another year it'll likely continue to work as it did until now. Medium-term you either need a server or have to switch to an MSP (dunno though if they still offer SESC) or Central.

Christian

Children
No Data