This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fresh Install Instead Of Migration?

Hi All,

Currently I have SEC 5.5.1 running on Server 2008 R2 and there are many problems with it I tried fixing the past few months with no avail. For example the majority of my VDI clients say disconnected (red x), but they are still getting the updates definitions when I upload them, I'm not able to protect computers remotely, when I protect new endpoints manually and add them to the SEC for monitoring, it stays greyed out.

Instead of migrating it, is there a way to give my Server 2016 a fresh install and still have the endpoints point to the new server instead of the old one? I've tried migrating 4 times already and either SEC doesn't open or if it does open, the same problem persists or even worse, it shows none of the endpoints are connected.

Network Details:

- Standalone Network

- We get our A/V defs from a computer that has internet connection and SEC 5.5.0, transfer it to a external drive then place the files in the necessary locations for the standalone A/V server to download the new binaries.

- Network consists of mainly VDI clients and VM Servers with a handful of physical desktops and servers (no problems with the physical clients talking to SEC).

- Server 2008 uses local accounts to administer SEC, but I would like to use only network accounts for the new server.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jeremy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data