This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.1

Hi all,

We are currently running 5.5.1 version of SEC, we have a database called SOPHOS551 but also have a database called SOPHOSPATCH52.

Am I OK to delete this as we have 5.5.1, trying to free up space and that Patch Database takes up 5GB?

Thanks and kind regards, Dan Petford

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Dan,

Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.1 still uses the database SOPHOSPATCH52.  Sophos is ending support for it on 30 June 2021 so this may not be needed in later versions.  Retirement Calendar: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/119147

As for what we can do now, you can try shrinking the logs in SQL or deleting and recreating it.  I'm currently not using Patch in my environment and the database is 3.11 GB in size.

How to shrink the SQL logs: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/110258 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-varoryhvI

How to delete and recreate a blank database:

Make sure you still have the SEC installer for 5.5.1, by default it is located in "C:\sec_551\"

In an admin command prompt:
    sqlcmd -E -S (DBServerName)\(InstanceName) -Q "drop database SOPHOSPATCH52"
    "C:\sec_551\ServerInstaller\DB\Patch\CreatePatchDB.bat" (DBServerName)\(InstanceName) (ServerName or domain suffix if this is a DC) SOPHOSPATCH52

Example command: 

sqlcmd -E -S SECSRV\SOPHOS -Q "drop database SOPHOSPATCH52"
    "C:\sec_551\ServerInstaller\DB\Patch\CreatePatchDB.bat" SECSRV\SOPHOS SECSRV SOPHOSPATCH52

• Hi  

For Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.1, all three SOPHOS551, SOPHOSPATCH52, SophosSecurity are used by the enterprise console. You can try shrinking it through the article mentioned by  or this article, both are same.

You can remove SOPHOS540 as it is only for version 5.4.0 but it may not be having more space consumed as the data transferred to the current version database.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hello Dan Petford,

MEric said: I'm currently not using Patch [and the size is ...]
    Patch is a space hog, whether you are using it, i.e. it's installed and active on the endpoints, or not. The actual Patch Assessment Data isn't that much. I recently installed a SEC551 from scratch, the server itself is the only computer in the database and Endpoint Patch isn't installed. SOPHOSPATCH52 is slightly over 2GB. On the production server (also SEC551), around 5000 endpoints with Patch installed and active on 2000 or so, it's some ten MB larger. Clearly the actual usage is insignificant.
    Watch the SOPHOSPATCH52_log and the tempdb (the latter is reset when you restart the SQL Server).

Christian