This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Airgaped SUM can not update

Hi all.

Im currently running a POC of Sophos 5.1.1 and my airgaped installation dont update.

My online server updates fine and i then copy the warehouse folder from the online server to my airgaped server.

I paste the files in C:\programdata\Sophos\Update manager\Update manager\Warehouse and then i trigger an update of the SUM.

This is where i get the error "2019-08-21 07:54:05 Error Failed to check update source status: 'Could not authenticate Sophos warehouse user. URL was: http://dci.sophosupd.net/update/'.

Where and how do i tell my "offline" SUM not to go out on the internet and download the updates, but instead use the already downloaded files?

Best Regards

Tobbe

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Tobbe,

5.1.1 or 5.5.1? Anyway ...

not to go out on the internet
    apparently you entered Sophos as update source in the wizard (that starts near the end of the install), didn't you? For an air-gapped SUM usually a local folder is used.
    paste in [...] \Warehouse - this is not how to do it. Warehouse is the folder where SUM puts the downloaded files

In fact it's quite simple:

• create a directory in a convenient location (e.g. C:\WarehouseCopy)
    • share this directory (e.g. SUMSource)
    • copy the Warehouse from the online server into this folder
    • in the Update Manager's View/Edit Configuration, tab Sources add \\YourServer\SUMSource (and delete Sophos if it's there)

For more information please see the SUM on air gapped network article.

Christian

• Hello Tobbe,

5.1.1 or 5.5.1? Anyway ...

not to go out on the internet
    apparently you entered Sophos as update source in the wizard (that starts near the end of the install), didn't you? For an air-gapped SUM usually a local folder is used.
    paste in [...] \Warehouse - this is not how to do it. Warehouse is the folder where SUM puts the downloaded files

In fact it's quite simple:

• create a directory in a convenient location (e.g. C:\WarehouseCopy)
    • share this directory (e.g. SUMSource)
    • copy the Warehouse from the online server into this folder
    • in the Update Manager's View/Edit Configuration, tab Sources add \\YourServer\SUMSource (and delete Sophos if it's there)

For more information please see the SUM on air gapped network article.

Christian

Children
  • Ah yes, sorry version is 5.5.1.

I see now what did go wrong, i have followed the steps you linked to in the guide, and now its working.

it did take a while for it to pickup the "local shared folder" but now it works.

Thank you.

Tobbe