This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enterprise Console fail to find computers

I am using Sophos Endpoint in a network which is using number of Sophos UTMs. My remote system can ping and even view the primary location given in Update Configuration. However when i am trying to find that computer, the enterprise console doesn't list that system. Client computer also able to update from primary location.

Please point out if i am missing any configuration.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello VR101,

the title of your post is misleading, might be due to a misconception. find refers to discovering as yet unknown computers on the network.
    Apparently Sophos is already installed on the endpoint. In order to "appear" in the console, it's the endpoint that has to find the management server - communication is always established by the endpoint. This is true even if the computer has previously been "found" by the server. In order to communicate with the server the endpoint must be able to connect to ports 8192 and 8194 on the server (and ideally the server be able to connect to the endpoint's 8194).

Christian

• Hello VR101,

the title of your post is misleading, might be due to a misconception. find refers to discovering as yet unknown computers on the network.
    Apparently Sophos is already installed on the endpoint. In order to "appear" in the console, it's the endpoint that has to find the management server - communication is always established by the endpoint. This is true even if the computer has previously been "found" by the server. In order to communicate with the server the endpoint must be able to connect to ports 8192 and 8194 on the server (and ideally the server be able to connect to the endpoint's 8194).

Christian

Children
No Data