This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update

The Article  https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/133945 states 

• This update will only occur when you're Sophos Update Manager (SUM) performs an update as part of the configured scheduled update interval. To receive this update as soon as possible you may need to reduce the schedule.

We do not see the policy added automatically in any of the AV and HIPS policy in the Enterprise console.

I checked the subscriptions and the subscriptions are configured to take 'Recommended' update.

Also the update manager in our Console do not have a Schedule.

Do we have to configure a Schedule in order to get the policy updated  ? or a default config should do ? 

Default Config: 

And how does the policy updates occur ? as a part of Threat detection data  ?  or as a part of Software Updating ?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Ismail Ahmed1,

Do we have to configure a Schedule
    perhaps the wording and layout of the article are a little bit unfortunate. Schedule applies to Software Updating - while updating at regular intervals could also be called a schedule the maximum interval for Threat Detection Data is anyway not more than one day. No explicit days/times but only an interval for Software Updating is nevertheless considered a schedule in this context, thus with the default settings it should already have happened.

We do not see
    please see here for more details and what seems to have gone wrong.

Christian

• Hello Christian,

Thank you for replying. So, I spoke to the support team and it seems that our organization is not in any of the GA groups. Hence as per our request the support team have moved our organization to Group A for General Availability. As soon as i got the confirmation I was able to see the latest version available in the subscription.