This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't update over VPN but can on network

I'm trying to allow updating of Sophos Endpoint over VPN on a Mac. When connected to the network internally everything updates fine, however when connected to the VPN i get the response:

com.sophos.autoupdate: Error: Server not found
com.sophos.autoupdate: Error: Could not contact primary file server smb://sophos_server/SophosUpdate/CIDs/S000/ESCOSX at 14:42 on 04 April 2019
com.sophos.autoupdate: URL is invalid

The firewall rules for both are the same.

Interestingly when I try to connect to the server using Finder I am able to mount it using connect to server, and when that connection is established, I am able to update.

Any hints as to how I can proceed?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Samuel Jackson,

using Finder
    and the credentials from the updating policy? Or anonymous access? In Finder you're using a simple name for the server or a qualified name? There are sometimes finicky details that let an initial connection attempt fail but once it's established it works for a variety of protocols.

Christian

• Hello Samuel Jackson,

using Finder
    and the credentials from the updating policy? Or anonymous access? In Finder you're using a simple name for the server or a qualified name? There are sometimes finicky details that let an initial connection attempt fail but once it's established it works for a variety of protocols.

Christian

Children
No Data