This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Install - Incorrect Server URL

I've been having issues rolling out Sophos to our end users. Started off using the Protect Computers option from Enterprise Console which keeps failing and I was struggling to figure out why.

I then tried to install Sophos manually on a computer by browsing to the share on our Sophos server. But when the "Sophos - Setup" window appears, the URL under "Enter the URL of the Management server" is completely wrong, it's pointing to a server which doesn't exist. Where in the Enterprise Console would I change this?

I cant even find any reference to the server populated in this field anywhere in our DNS so I have no idea where it has pulled the name from.

This is a new Sophos Enterprise Console setup, we're in the process of switching over to Sophos. I setup Enterprise Console myself so I know I did not enter this server name anywhere!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Graham Stevenson,

as Jak has said, there is (normally) no pre-populated URL and furthermore the only field (Jak's screenshot seems to be from the past) where you have to enter a URL is only active when you check Patch. So please provide a screenshot.

Christian

• Hi

It's the field under the Patch checkbox, it's filled in with a random server which does not exist and is greyed out so we cannot change it. We can install Sophos as long as patch isn't checked but ideally we want to be able to install it as well.

Thanks

Graham

• Hello Graham,

indeed! That's odd, very odd. It's a DIALOGEX window contained in the applicable SetupXxx.dll, upon checking Sophos Patch Agent the (empty) EDIT control should get enabled, typing something should then enable the Test button. So ... initially the field is empty or is it already populated? If the latter - checking/unchecking Patch enables/disables the Test button? Does this happen on many or all computers or did you test just on this one?

The URL is always the same? May I ask why you blurred it - apparently it's not completely wrong and I assume that the server which doesn't exist would nevertheless reveal your site? Wonder what it could be. I'm not aware that setup.exe pre-fills this field or that SEC provides this information in the CID (otherwise it would be there by default). Furthermore this field should not be disabled.

I'm not aware of debugging options for setup.exe and I think you'd have to open a case with Support.

Christian

• Hello Graham,

indeed! That's odd, very odd. It's a DIALOGEX window contained in the applicable SetupXxx.dll, upon checking Sophos Patch Agent the (empty) EDIT control should get enabled, typing something should then enable the Test button. So ... initially the field is empty or is it already populated? If the latter - checking/unchecking Patch enables/disables the Test button? Does this happen on many or all computers or did you test just on this one?

The URL is always the same? May I ask why you blurred it - apparently it's not completely wrong and I assume that the server which doesn't exist would nevertheless reveal your site? Wonder what it could be. I'm not aware that setup.exe pre-fills this field or that SEC provides this information in the CID (otherwise it would be there by default). Furthermore this field should not be disabled.

I'm not aware of debugging options for setup.exe and I think you'd have to open a case with Support.

Christian

Children
No Data