This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Management Service not starting

I installed SEC 550 on a Windows Server 2016 VM on a isolated network. At first I was not able to install SEC 550 while connected to the domain with local nor domain accounts, but when I disjoined it from the domain, it installed just fine and Enterprise Console came up with no problems. I rejoined the server to the domain and when I logged in, Sophos Management Service did not start automatically. I tried to start it manually and received the 0x8004005 error with a 8004 ID code in Event logs.

The following is what I have tried and what I know:

I tried:

- changed Sophos Database account password and also changed it in the Setup.exe installation

- disabled firewall

- checked if databases exists

- checked if databases were online

- checked if SIDs matched

- checked if database account had the correct permissions and in the correct groups.

- checked if GPO's were blocking account.

- uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with same issue

- changed Sophos Management Service Log on as from Local System Account to database account

What I know:

- Sophos Management Service ONLY starts when NOT joined to domain

- Installed on Windows Server 2016

- Using local accounts

What is weird:

- A few months back, I installed SEC on Windows Server 2016 with the same EXACT settings, in the same OU, same GPOs, and Sophos Management Service starts successfully, so I am confused on that part also.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data