This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configuring IP addresses for Sophos updates

I'm new to Sophos, have being reading docs, but am still missing something(s).

In our installation, we have to request access through our firewalls.

That requires an IP address and Port #. Port # seem not to be a problem.

What are the IP address supposed to be for the required URLs as per KB111428. 

I am able to query our corporate DNS servers to get addresses associated with these links. 

Is this the approved method? 

I've also been told by support that the IP address are subject the change  and that we are advised to verify these once in a while.

That poses a bit of an issue for us as modifying a Firewall request  is time consuming and if it happens often enough, security may complain.

Surely I'm missing something here.

Thanks for any guidance.

Karsten

• dci.sophosupd.com
  • d1.sophosupd.com
  • d2.sophosupd.com
  • d3.sophosupd.com
  • dci.sophosupd.net
  • d1.sophosupd.net
  • d2.sophosupd.net
  • d3.sophosupd.net
  • ocsp.globalsign.com
  • ocsp2.globalsign.com
  • crl.globalsign.com
  • crl.globalsign.net
  • ocsp.digicert.com
  • crl3.digicert.com

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Karsten,

you are using the on-premise, SEC-managed SESC and not Sophos Central? Please note that only the Update Manager (SUM) on the management server requires access to these sites.

if it happens often enough
    Quite a number of services and sites uses CDNs so this is not a Sophos-specific scenario. CDNs normally rely on DNS to present the "nearest" server(s) for a given URL. Nearest depends not (only) on your geo-location but (also) on your ISP - something neither the CDN and even less the service-provider can know or control. Nevertheless server/service addresses aren't changed just for the fun of it thus even if you can't allow connections by name/URL it won't happen often or, in case there's a single address, without sufficient "overlap" of the old and new address.

Christian

• Hello Karsten,

you are using the on-premise, SEC-managed SESC and not Sophos Central? Please note that only the Update Manager (SUM) on the management server requires access to these sites.

if it happens often enough
    Quite a number of services and sites uses CDNs so this is not a Sophos-specific scenario. CDNs normally rely on DNS to present the "nearest" server(s) for a given URL. Nearest depends not (only) on your geo-location but (also) on your ISP - something neither the CDN and even less the service-provider can know or control. Nevertheless server/service addresses aren't changed just for the fun of it thus even if you can't allow connections by name/URL it won't happen often or, in case there's a single address, without sufficient "overlap" of the old and new address.

Christian

Children
No Data