This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cannot validate the logon user account against the domain controller

Having recently taken over the admin of our Sophos, there is a message on the VM hosting the SEC that

Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC) is not supported

Your SEC version 5.4.0 is not supported. Please update the SEC to the latest version 5.5.1.

Initially I tried to install version 5.5.1 but it failed and on further reading the upgrade path suggests upgrading to 5.4.1 first, which is what I am trying to do.

After dealing with the other requirements, I am left with one 'cannot validate the logon user account against the domain controller''

I have checked the AD on the domain controller does have the User Accounts Sophos Management and SophosUpdateMgr and they have the attributes recommended in your notes.

This is on Windows Server 2012 R2

What is the next step please?

thanks
Mark

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Mark,

first of all, upgrading to 5.4.1 first should not be necessary. Direct upgrade to 5.5.1 should be possible from any 5.x version.

dealing with the other requirements
    IIRC there aren't any special. To upgrade from 5.4.0 you basically just run the installer - what requirements are you referring to?
    cannot validate the logon user account

at which step do you get this message? Could you perhaps provide a screenshot?
    [Edit]An explanation of this check that fails is here[/Edit]

The database is local or remote and do you know the SQL Server version in use? Furthermore, the account with which you attempt to upgrade was taken over from the previous admin or is a new one?

Christian

• Hello Mark,

first of all, upgrading to 5.4.1 first should not be necessary. Direct upgrade to 5.5.1 should be possible from any 5.x version.

dealing with the other requirements
    IIRC there aren't any special. To upgrade from 5.4.0 you basically just run the installer - what requirements are you referring to?
    cannot validate the logon user account

at which step do you get this message? Could you perhaps provide a screenshot?
    [Edit]An explanation of this check that fails is here[/Edit]

The database is local or remote and do you know the SQL Server version in use? Furthermore, the account with which you attempt to upgrade was taken over from the previous admin or is a new one?

Christian

Children
No Data