This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.5.1 - AD Sync Auto Installation not working

Good Afternoon, 

I am trying to configure Sophos Enterprise Console AD Sync "Install Sophos Security Software Automatically" for our Windows Server estate. This consists of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 2016. 

* Is it possible for the auto installation to install for server OS's?

* Are there any log\logs that can be configured to see the progress of the ad sync and then the installation? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi

Thank you for your response.

The first link I can not seem to open.

The second link is quiet an old one (2013) and refers to older version of SEC to the one we have in use. To confirm am I right in saying we can not have this method of installation on servers? If I try to do an installation using the "Protect Computers" this does seem to work ok (tested by uninstalling and then reinstalling from a server). 

Thanks

• Hello RN01,

The first link
    was correct at the time of writing, they've revamp the web help in the meantime. Link corrected, should work again now.

The second link
    while the article hasn't been updated it is still valid.

"Protect Computers" this does seem to work ok
    indeed and naturally it does. It is not that Protect doesn't work on servers but automatic protection isn't done - it's considered "too dangerous".

Christian

• Hello RN01,

The first link
    was correct at the time of writing, they've revamp the web help in the meantime. Link corrected, should work again now.

The second link
    while the article hasn't been updated it is still valid.

"Protect Computers" this does seem to work ok
    indeed and naturally it does. It is not that Protect doesn't work on servers but automatic protection isn't done - it's considered "too dangerous".

Christian

Children
No Data