This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Invalid Exclusion Error When Adding Folder Exclusion to On-Access Scanning?

On the Sophos Enterprise Console, when editing an "Anti-virus and HIPS" policy, I am unable to add in some folders to the active scanning exclusions list.

The steps I am taking are as follows:

Right click policy > configure on-access scanning > windows exclusions > add

I then type in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix"

I get the following error:  "Invalid exclusion entered:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix"

Weirdly I can do C:\Program Files\Citrix but not the x86 folder.

Can anybody help explain why this is?  Assuming it's something simple and stupid but I'm not too well acquainted with the console.

Thanks,

Ben

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Ben,

the error message in the console isn't really helpful.
    Quite simple: For a folder exclusion you have to include a trailing (back)slash. (please note: The Help isn't up to date w.r.t. wildcards and their use).

Weirdly I can do C:\Program Files\Citrix
    I don't think so. That is, you can do but will get the same error [:)]. Seriously, the console requires the slash for a Folder exclusion, though it'd accept the above specification as File or Process exclusion.
    I vaguely remember that once either the local GUI or the console automatically appended the slash.

Christian

• Yeah that's the solution.  I just didn't notice I'd included a trailing back slash on the other one I'd entered.  Would have been nice if the console error had just made it clear that it needed the back slash.  Oh well.

Thanks,

Ben