This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise console Policies under application control & Anti-virus and HIPS

Hi,

Just did a fresh install on SEC5.5 and it stop client PC running photoshop cc 2018, only work when the scan disabled under Anti-virus and HIPS, as I have read the start up pdf said the application control default application is enable to run, then it will control by the Anti-virus and HIPS.

could anyone detail it how to create a authrorization allowed the application run.

many thanks

Eddie

Server SEC5.5 

Client PC win10x64

application name: photoshop.exe --installed on client PC.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Eddie,

this is not a Central but an Enterprise Console question - if you join the SESC group you can move this thread to the appropriate forum (or a moderator can do it).

Anyway, I assume you're talking about the Recommended (10.8.2) SAV/SESC version.
    it stop photoshop with what message? You say it's not Application Control that's blocking Photoshop as you're using the Default AppCtrl policy so it's some other detection by On-Access. Could you post what it is - you do get an alert, don't you?

Christian

• thank you Christian.

I could not able to found the SESC group, when I click on all group but thank you for pointed out.

If you could, please kindly move to SESC group.

once again thank you for pointed out.

Eddie

• Hello Eddie,

move done.
    What about your issue? Could you post the alerts related to Photoshop being blocked?

Christian