This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data ultimo aggiornamento errata per un client

Buongiorno a tutti,

nella mia organizzazione, dove usiamo Sophos Endpoint Security and Control, sulla console, per un client vedo come data "Aggiornato" 11/10/2018. Se vado invece nei dettagli del client (Tasto destro sul nome del client - Visualizza dettagli computer) vedo che si è aggiornato correttamente anche questa mattina stessa (25/10/2018). Come mai la console mi segnala un'ultima data di aggiornamento così vecchia?

Grazie

Roberto

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Buongiorno Roberto,

is English ok?
    I can think of one reason - SAVXP has "disappeared" from the list of products to update. Could you check (sul client) il log degli aggiornamenti?

Christian 

• Hi Christian,

thank you for your reply. Yes, English is ok too... :-)

At the moment I don't have the client in my office, as soos as the user come back, I'll take a look at his log.

This is what I can see from the console:

It seems the client downloaded the update definition today but, in the window behind, the console says:"Not from 11/10/2018 00:54:08"

• Hello Roberto,

doesn't look like the issue I thought of as yet on the 15th it says aggiornamento eseguito.

It might be an internal communication problem on the client. To explain - AutoUpdate reports via the Sophos Agent Aggiornamento eseguito when it has successfully downloaded all components (or verified that there is nothing new) and all installs/updates reported success (or have been skipped). Independently SAVXP send its status (among other things version and number of IDEs) via the Agent to the management server and from this data SEC sets the Aggiornamento column. Perhaps the SAVXP ↔ Agent communication doesn't work.
    A simple test is to turn off On-Access scanning and check whether this change is shown in the console shortly afterwards. I'm not sure what fixes it, didn't have such a case lately. A reinstall might work and IIRC a downgrade/upgrade (I always have a "true" previous version subscribed so I can do it with a simply switch of the policy) does.

Christian

• I finally take a look at the log on the client and I don't see any problem...

(One strange thing: on the client, if I try to see the log I see a white page, but if I open the alc.log file I see everything...)

Maybe a reinstallation could solve the problem...

• Hello Roberto,

yes, these are the symptoms. BTW - on the (empty) log window there's a Browse ... button that let's you select the alc.log or one of the archives.

Reinstall might or might not work (as it doesn't uninstall the existing SAVXP). I think a different version or preceding uninstall of SAV is necessary.

Christian