This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise Console not updating

Hi There,

I am getting the following error

10/09/2018 14:27:13  80040401  Software update failed.                
                                           10/09/2018 14:27:09  80040410  Data read from the update source for subscription 'Recommended' was invalid.
                                           10/09/2018 14:21:38  80040404  Threat detection data update failed.    

If I go take a look at my SUMTrace log files the error it is getting seems to be

<Warning> AddPackagesToSync: Could not find warehouse name for payload F1DAD925-C973-4e5e-B172-78E97EB60689:5:RECOMMENDED. Assuming missing product ...

Which from what I gather is a non existent package that is in my Recommended Subscriptions. However under the Recommended subscription I just have Windows there as the only selected option.

Any Suggestions?

I recently had to uninstall Encryption before it allowed me to update my Enterprise console to 5.5.1 from 5.3.1

Any other suggestions?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello _J_R_,

looks like you've already searched the forum, haven't you?
    You have just the default Recommended subscription or more? And the product version displayed in the subscription (you might want to check all if you have more than one) is Recommended - for computers that ...)? Please note that the name does not reflect the actually subscribed product version.

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Ha ha, yes indeed I did have a look around, but I couldn't seem to match it up exactly with my scenario so thought I would ask the question.

Under my software subscriptions I only have the one Recommended one there. And yes, the version is set to Recommended - for computers that ...

The other options I have are Preview, Previous Recommended, Retired - Extended and Retired - Previous Extended.

• Hello _J_R_,

hm, if none of the threads you get when searching for  F1DAD925-C973-4e5e-B172-78E97EB60689 help I'd have to think about where this residual could be ...

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Most bizzare. Went on to the Console today and it said it updated.

Checked. Did a manual update and it seems to have done it. The only thing I can remember doing between then and now was changing it from Recommended to previous recommended... then changed it back again.

• Hello _J_R_,

The only thing
    was likely all that was needed. Dunno how it could come about in a case like yours but apparently forcing SUM to to update its configuration corrects the data.

Christian

Reply Children
No Data