This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC Migration Scripted Migration and FW removal

Hello All,

We're in the middle of getting ready to migrate to Central (thank god) and I have a question. We deployed the current agents with SEC Firewall and obviously this has to be uninstalled before the migration tool deems the device ready to migrate.

With that being said, is there any automated way to get the Firewall to uninstall on the SEC clients? Manually doing this across the enterprise would not be ideal, nor an effective use of time.

***Side Note*** I have tried using powershell, and even as admin get a  1603 permissions error (and tamper protection is off).

Look forward to your reply

Thanks
Ryan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • How are you going to deploy the Central Client?  AD Startup Script?

I assume you just need to put the "UninstallString" value at the start of the batch file that installs the Central Client.

I've not tried it but, can you try uninstalling SCF loclly using the command line.  E.g. 

MsiExec.exe /qn /X{SCFPRODUCTCODE} REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Then run the Central Installer?

If this works, a batch file to deploy should be OK.

Regards,
    Jak

• Hey Jak,

Thanks for the direction. While I wasn't able to execute the command remotely, running the following locally on the machine worked:

(Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter  "Name='Sophos Client Firewall'" -ComputerName .).Uninstall() 

This executed, uninstalled, rebooted, and primed the computer as ready in the SCMT. I will be testing it in a batch file.

Thanks

Again