This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem installing Sophos on server 2016 Endpoint

Hi

We are trying to install Sophos endpoint security and control 10.8 on server 2016 Datacentre edition 1607 using enterprise console 5.50 when we tri to protect a 2016 server from the console we receive error code 80070057 along with the message "installation failed see knowledge base article 29287. I have made sure this is all set and still receive this error.

I am however able to install manually. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Paddy Tollan,

I am however able to install manually
    then you no longer need to use Protect, do you? And, to be exact, you don't have a problem installing if I understand you correctly. To quote myself:
    0x80070057 should be the parameter is incorrect - the real meaning is often nothing more than something failed.
    Please see the How does ... article for a description of the workflow. Basic questions involve the Task Scheduler and are - has the task been created, did it start, any details regarding its failure.
    In other words, the issue is often just on the machine you try to protect and once the software is installed there's no issue to resolve.

Christian

• Hello Paddy Tollan,

I am however able to install manually
    then you no longer need to use Protect, do you? And, to be exact, you don't have a problem installing if I understand you correctly. To quote myself:
    0x80070057 should be the parameter is incorrect - the real meaning is often nothing more than something failed.
    Please see the How does ... article for a description of the workflow. Basic questions involve the Task Scheduler and are - has the task been created, did it start, any details regarding its failure.
    In other words, the issue is often just on the machine you try to protect and once the software is installed there's no issue to resolve.

Christian

Children
No Data