This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC Displaying Incorrect Primary Server

I'm in the process of migrating to Central. In order to use the migration tool, I need to set the primary update server from a secondary update server, to the server running SEC and the Database. I've built a new container and set the correct update policy to it. I then move nodes into that container, and get them to comply. After a few, the endpoints correctly set their primary update server to the update server I want (The SEC server).

However, the Console itself still tells me the endpoints primary server is the old server, not what the primary server actually is. So SEC is displaying old, not up to date information.

I've checked last messages sent and they're all current. Everything is working except for SEC being updated with the new correct information.

I've also tried deleting the endpoints from the console and letting them re add themselves, no luck.

Without this, the migration tool won't qualify an endpoint as ready to migrate.

Is there a way to get the SEC to flush out old info (such as primary server) so that it will learn and populate the new correct information that the endpoint is using?

As always, thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Jared Burton,

get the SEC to flush out old info
    this is not how it works. SEC stores the information the endpoint decides to send. Neither does already stored information interfere with storing new correct information nor can SEC tell the endpoint what to send. BTW - deleting the endpoints from the console keeps most information, basically it just hides the endpoint.    

Having said this, it's likely the endpoint that doesn't send the information in a timely manner. I've noticed the behaviour you describe, might have started with 10.8.1. As it's not a problem for me (at the moment) I didn't pursue this matter. Eventually the correct information is sent, perhaps an Update Computers Now request could trigger it.

Christian

• Hello Jared Burton,

get the SEC to flush out old info
    this is not how it works. SEC stores the information the endpoint decides to send. Neither does already stored information interfere with storing new correct information nor can SEC tell the endpoint what to send. BTW - deleting the endpoints from the console keeps most information, basically it just hides the endpoint.    

Having said this, it's likely the endpoint that doesn't send the information in a timely manner. I've noticed the behaviour you describe, might have started with 10.8.1. As it's not a problem for me (at the moment) I didn't pursue this matter. Eventually the correct information is sent, perhaps an Update Computers Now request could trigger it.

Christian

Children
No Data