This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrading Enterprise console but do not have passwords for SophosManagment or SophosUpdateMgr

I have an install of the Enterprise console, and am wanting to upgrade from 5.2.2 to the current version, in working though the upgrade document, I have ran into an issue with user credentials.  The passwords were not documented for either the SophosManagement nor the SophosUpdateMgr users. How would I go about updating the passwords in preperation for the update. My assumption is that i would need to have the passwords before the update for it to work properly. 

Any assistance with how to navigate this would be greatly appreciated. 

Chris

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It's been a while since I performed an upgrade but I thought upgrades didn't request the account information.  That said it will be beneficial to know the passwords for the future.

You can always change the accounts/password of a current installation by re-running the setup of the installed version.

So for example, you could create 2 new accounts:

SophosManagement2
    SophosUpdateMgr2

Re-run the setup.exe of the currently installed version, i.e. SEC 5.2.2 (may still be unpacked to the root of C) and then change the account information to the new accounts.  You can certainly change the "database" account when you run through the wizard.  

This will reconfigure the services of the management server to run as the new account.  Update the registry to ensure the management service impersonates the new account when accessing the database etc...

The clients are probably using the SophosUpdateMgr account to gain read access to the update share but that will continue to work.
    The updating policies reference this account so you could change those polices to the new account as and when.

The only other place the database account would be referenced is on any remote console installations.  Again, you can run the installer version on that to re-configure it to use the new account.

Hopefully that helps but it's all possible.

Regards,

Jak