This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos endpoint Security - the right choice for us?!

Hello,

We are a 350 Client Domain and recently bought Sophos Endpoint Protection Advanced.

Everything ist set up well: Server / Ent.Console / Clients...

My concerns now as i learned more about the suit: did we get the right Product for outr scenario?

Is endpoint Security & Control the right Program to secure Servers, especially Exchange server?
I really want to make sure we do the right thing...

Many thanks in Advance,.

Best Regards.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Christoph Schlotter,

you did not give much detail about your scenario and what exactly you mean by secure Servers, especially Exchange server.
    Secure can mean a lot of things - simply following Best Practices, tighten security (access rights, local firewall), locking down the servers, "classic" AV, ransomware protection, additional measures on the network, ...

Christian

• Hello Christian,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Our Scenario is a Win12 Domain with ~20 Servers (Data, License, .., Exchange Server) and ~ 300 Windows Clients 7 and 10.

I need to know how these Servers are to be Proctected by Sophos and if our purchased Product - Sophos endpoint Security - is the right solution for Clients and especially for Servers aswell. I found out by now that PureMessage for Exchange ist included in advanced, so this question is solved.

Our Servers are "secure" concerning best practice/ Patches / ACLs etc but "classic" AV was meant to be sophos endpoint protction advanced.

Greetings!

Christoph.

• Hello Christoph,

[:)] - it's still not clear what you expect from a right solution. It depends on your (site's) exposure - things like software environment, software/patch management, network security, workflows, user awareness and behaviour. Also the industry you're in and potential compliance requirements.
    If you ask is this Testarossa the right car for my family then I'd answer likely not. But if you name an average mid-class vehicle - well, all I could say is it depends. Do you need it to commute, or mostly for shopping on weekends, want to transport sports equipment like skis or bikes ...?

Christian