This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Computers stuck in unmanaged section

Hello, I am new to Sophos and this is a new issue that has been happening for the last weeks, whenever I install Sophos on a new computer the installation completes successfully and does get the updates correctly, but when I check on the enterprise console they go to the unmanaged group (not unassigned), and I can't do nothing to them except delete them.

One more thing, the ones I am using as test are running under Windows 10, I don't know if that might be the issue

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello first of all thanks for you help, I got the issue resolved and I thought I might share what worked for me.

So, besides the unmanaged pc's the main issue was that new computers in which we installed Sophos weren't reporting to the console but they did update and run scans, checking the logs that I have already shared with you guys, the Sophos support told me that it was a certificate error, my SEC was a retired version that used TLS 1.0 and the newer clients were using TLS 1.2, so they suggested I did an upgrade on the console, so after the upgrade all the computers that didn't show up on the console were there, also new computers are showing up instantly. (I had SEC 5.2.1 and upgraded to 5.5.1)

Again thanks for the help, regards.

• Hello first of all thanks for you help, I got the issue resolved and I thought I might share what worked for me.

So, besides the unmanaged pc's the main issue was that new computers in which we installed Sophos weren't reporting to the console but they did update and run scans, checking the logs that I have already shared with you guys, the Sophos support told me that it was a certificate error, my SEC was a retired version that used TLS 1.0 and the newer clients were using TLS 1.2, so they suggested I did an upgrade on the console, so after the upgrade all the computers that didn't show up on the console were there, also new computers are showing up instantly. (I had SEC 5.2.1 and upgraded to 5.5.1)

Again thanks for the help, regards.

Children
No Data