This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Restart needed for updates to take effect (0x000006d)"

We are seeing this error on 260 devices (increasing) on our network

Enterprise console 5.5.0

Has Sophos pumped out an update to cause this or is there some other reason ?

I have checked my own PC (Which is included in the ones at "error") and see absolutely no problem with my Sophos installation...

What is going on here ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Are those devices Windows 10 devices with Fast Boot enabled? If so, shutting down does not really shut them down.

Fast Boot can lead to a lot of strange start behaviors like not applied policies or the mentioned issue.

I recommend to disable Fast Boot (unfortunately it returns with each Feature Update, so you would have to set the registry key to disable, maybe per GPO). Strange enough, that Windows 10 has a GPO to Force using Fast Boot, but none to disable.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Olaf Engelke said:

Are those devices Windows 10 devices with Fast Boot enabled? If so, shutting down does not really shut them down.

Fast Boot can lead to a lot of strange start behaviors like not applied policies or the mentioned issue.

I recommend to disable Fast Boot (unfortunately it returns with each Feature Update, so you would have to set the registry key to disable, maybe per GPO). Strange enough, that Windows 10 has a GPO to Force using Fast Boot, but none to disable.

Olaf 

Thanks Olaf - this could be a reason why we still have large numbers of devices showing this error !!

• Olaf Engelke said:

Are those devices Windows 10 devices with Fast Boot enabled? If so, shutting down does not really shut them down.

Olaf 

Thanks Olaf - this could be a reason why we still have large numbers of devices showing this error !!

Children
No Data