This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update files location of Air Gaped network in Standalone Version

Hi,

I installed Standalone Version Endpoint Security and Control on my air gapped network. 

I used this URL and second step to install.   https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/64899

After installing its getting update and last updated is up to date, but I noted there are no Warehouse folder in C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data path.

My question is, Is it getting update properly without warehouse?

Thanks,

Aruna

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Aruna,

Is it getting update properly
    of course you have to copy the updates from a connected computer's Warehouse to the air-gapped endpoint(s). Where did you look for the Warehouse?

Christian

• Hi Christian,

I installed endpoint security on isolated(no internet & network) PCs. I used Air gapped method( Install the standalone version of Endpoint Security and Control on each of the computers in the air gap) to gets updates.

After installed standalone version I set share folder as the update location. Then I copied files from non air gapped location (C:\Program Data\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP) and paste into the shared folder.

In the first time updating, its downloaded all components and reinstalled. After one day I copied files again to shared folder. I clicked update now and it's downloading but showing no files needed updating.

I want to know is it getting updates properly Or is it a only installation method?

I looked data folder(C:\Programedata\Sophos\autoupdate\data) but there is no warehouse folder..

Last Updated status is up to date..

Thanks,

Aruna.

• Hello Aruna,

during a day there should a a few new IDEs, an update is quite unspectacular. It should say, after downloading, that it's installing package 1 of 1 but you might miss it. In the Sophos GUI, View product information (bottom left) you can check the various data including the number of IDEs. If it's the same as for the endpoints in the console you are fine.

In this setup (only stand-alone endpoints) there is no Warehouse folder involved.

Christian

• Hello Aruna,

during a day there should a a few new IDEs, an update is quite unspectacular. It should say, after downloading, that it's installing package 1 of 1 but you might miss it. In the Sophos GUI, View product information (bottom left) you can check the various data including the number of IDEs. If it's the same as for the endpoints in the console you are fine.

In this setup (only stand-alone endpoints) there is no Warehouse folder involved.

Christian

Children
No Data