This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SVE Guest Agent Install fail

SVE Guest Agent Install fails when Microsoft.NET Framework 4.7.1 is installed

Works OK with 4.7

Any ideas.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Emineminem,

Could you please share the SVE Guest Agent installation logs. You can find the logs in user temp folder (Run -> %temp%).

Also check if you have any event entries in eventviewer for SVE?  refer the below screenshot.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi, there is no Sophos Folder in the event viewer.

This is the only information that I get from the txt file.

094C:11B0][2018-01-30T10:54:23]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.
    [094C:11B0][2018-01-30T10:54:23]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.
    [0A40:146C][2018-01-30T10:54:23]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-machine MSI package.
    [0A40:146C][2018-01-30T10:54:23]i319: Applied execute package: SGVMManagementService64.msi, result: 0x80070643, restart: None
    [0A40:146C][2018-01-30T10:54:23]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.

• UPDATE: I was also unable to install on another server that was using .NET Framework 4.7

So, I'm not sure that .NET Framework 4.7.1. is the problem.

Any ideas on  Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package. ?

• Hi Emineminem,

Can you please share the complete log or you can even DM the logs to me. Also, I would like to know the OS in which you are facing this issue.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hello again,

thanks for your help.

I received a full explanation and fix eventually from Sophos support.

There is a known issue whereby the SSL/TLS Ciphers that we need to install the Guest Agent are missing. 

It included a Regedit.

Thank you once again..

• Hi,

What needed to be enabled? I'm getting this issue on two of our servers.

thanks

• Hi,

This advice worked for me.

Hello , There is a known issue whereby the SSL/TLS Ciphers that we need to install the Guest Agent are missing.  Please could you try the below procedure. To fix this:

On the Affected Machine press Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialogue box. Enter regedit to open the Registry Editor

• Go to the following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Cryptography\Configuration\SSL\00010002
    • Right click on the Functions value to Modify it
    • Amend the ciphers added to the end of the current comma separated list previously: Windows 10 & Windows Server 2016 · TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA Other supported Windows platform: ·         TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256_P384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA_P384 · Click OK and restart the machine

Don't forget to add a comma before adding the text.

• Emineminem,

Thanks for posting this, I have a support ticket open with Sophos for the same issue but I'm getting zero response from them.

I want to try your fix but I don't the Functions value you mention, on any of our servers.  Am I missing something? I'd be willing to manually add the Functions value to test (can always roll back from a snaphot).

• Emineminem,

Thanks for posting this, I have a support ticket open with Sophos for the same issue but I'm getting zero response from them.

I want to try your fix but I don't the Functions value you mention, on any of our servers.  Am I missing something? I'd be willing to manually add the Functions value to test (can always roll back from a snaphot).

Children