This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Discover Computers on Network isn't finding anything, but gives no error

When I attempt to discover computers on the network, I get prompted for the credentials, which I provide. It shows the domain for the network just fine and I check the box and click next. The window goes away and then seems to do nothing. No computers show up in unmanaged, though I know it should pick at least a few up. I turned on the Computer Browser service (I had been getting an error since it was disabled), but is there anything else I need to make sure it configured before the network discovery will work correctly? I don't get any errors, it just seems to not do anything.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello JLex,

Discover on the network (I do not get an error with the Browser service disabled, BTW) will basically show the computers you see in Explorer under Network.

Discover is positive-only, new computers are put into Unassigned but you won't get an error if none or only already known are found. Admittedly some indicator that Discover is running would be helpful.

Christian