This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heartbeat isn't being sent to firewall, what are some possible reasons this could be happening?

Note that the computer is not infected. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I also have this question.

1. specifically how does heartbeat handle if the computer is outside of the network for example laptops that aren't on the same network as the firewall. I guess these will show as "missing" but that won't matter or keep them from connecting to the network because they truly aren't in the building.
    2. What about if Sophos endpoint antivirus gets an update on the computer, is that lapse of time while it's updating going to temporarily cease the heartbeat signal?
    3. we were on 17.0.3 mr3 the latest version of the firewall and 95% of the computers were always showing up as ok on heartbeat but always a few per week report that "heartbeat not being sent to firewall" alert. Not always the same computers. I've since had to downgrade to 16.5 for VPN reasons, and haven't had a chance to re-enable heartbeat yet.
    4. in one alert I had it was a desktop PC (so never outside the network) which stopped sending security heartbeat, but shows no sign of infection. Could sleep settings mess with heartbeat?
  • I see this issue, too.  We should be able to flag mobile systems, or setup a whitelist of source networks where it should expect the heartbeat.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to work around this issue, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks!