This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ERROR - "Sophos Firewall detected malicious traffic: 'C2/Generic-C' at 'C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe' (Technica..."

I am getting the error status on 1 or 2 computers each day 

"Sophos Firewall detected malicious traffic: 'C2/Generic-C' at 'C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe' (Technica..."

What is this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey Paul,

did you find something? We are getting this error on some computers here too. I found the URL which is responsible for the threat: "sync.header.direct".

Is it the same for you?

I'm not that knowledgeable about domains. Is this a safe domain and the Sophos popup wrong?

Kind regards

Marc

• Marc

Haven't found anything yet.  Been a little busy.  All I do know is I am very disappointed with Sophos Central and all the problems we are having with it.  It does not seem to be working at all on about 40% of our machines (either it's giving so many false positives or just not running)

We are truly sorry we purchased this software and 3 years of contract.  Seems like it is just a waste of money and we should have gone with a more reliable working solution.

But now we are stuck :-(

• Marc

Haven't found anything yet.  Been a little busy.  All I do know is I am very disappointed with Sophos Central and all the problems we are having with it.  It does not seem to be working at all on about 40% of our machines (either it's giving so many false positives or just not running)

We are truly sorry we purchased this software and 3 years of contract.  Seems like it is just a waste of money and we should have gone with a more reliable working solution.

But now we are stuck :-(

Children
No Data