This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DLink wifi cameras are blocked on all browsers. WWW.MYDLINK.COM

I have 3 wifi cameras around my house but Sophos seems to blocking them when I use the website for myDlink.  I contacted DLINK and they inform me SOPHOS is blocking the feed.  I can't configure the settings in SOPHOS to allow www.mydlink.com like a whitelist.  Is there anyway I could get SOPHOS to stop blocking this domain?  I have no issues seeing the stream on other PCs w/o SOPHOS nor my mobile devices.

When I use the CONFIGURE option in SOPHOS it is all greyed out. So not sure how else I can configure SOPHOS.  Those are shown in the 2nd and 3rd screenshots.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• I also have this problem, I am the administrator of my PC, so now when I have to connect to the cameras I deactivate sophos protection. Can't add an exception for the site?

• Hello Paolo Arlotti,

it depends on the product you are using. The thread was originally about a centrally managed SESC installation. Apart from the question what it is that has to be allowed the challenge is that the managed policy can override local modification at any time.

Of course you can cut the power line to your home if you want to turn off your PC. Question is, what exactly is blocked (www.mydlink.com is accessible, Sophos on the PC can't affect the cameras), if it is, and by what component. This is something you have to find out. With all these combinations of suppliers, devices, and management implementations  it is impossible to have a ready made solution for all of them.

So, basic question is: Which Sophos Endpoint product? Knowing this it's possible to tell what logs should be checked and depending on the findings suggest a solution (of course except someone reading this forum has experience with D-Link cameras and Sophos and is willing to share it).

Christian

• Hi Cristiano,

I'm on my PC using a Sophos Endpoint Security and control version 10.8, mode STAND ALONE.

I am a machine administrator.

I connect to the camera management website; https://it.mydlink.com/

If I leave the Sophos autoprotect feature enabled I can't see any cam.

• Hello Paolo Arlotti,

I see, SESC but stand-alone.

You can access the website and log in but you get a message similar to the one in the initial post?
    If something's deliberately blocked (as opposed to some obscure error) you should find an entry in the Anti-Virus and HIPS log. I'm not sure what you mean by autoprotect feature - scansione in accesso? Just asking because by default Scansione de i contenuti is set to Scansione in accesso.

Christian 

• Hi Christian,

I confirm that it happens as in the initial post.

I can access the site, the procedure opens a plugin and should show the live view of the cams.

With sophos eneble:

this is blocked:

Which log should I check specifically?

• Hello Paolo Arlotti,

from the GUI it's the Anti-Virus and HIPS log that could have some information.
    As said, it could be Scansione deo contenuti. Does the camera connection work when you disable it?

Christian

• Disabling "content scanning"

It works !

can I add an exception to content scanning?
  • Hello Paolo Arlotti,

as far as I know you can't selectively (i.e. per site or IP) disable content/download scanning.
    Is there an entry in the AV and HIPS log that says something has been blocked? And BTW, which Windows version?

Christian

• Unfortunately no entries in the log; this problem occurs with both Sophos Cloud and Sophos endpoints.

My pc is Windows 10 professional ver1903

Reply Children