This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DLink wifi cameras are blocked on all browsers. WWW.MYDLINK.COM

I have 3 wifi cameras around my house but Sophos seems to blocking them when I use the website for myDlink.  I contacted DLINK and they inform me SOPHOS is blocking the feed.  I can't configure the settings in SOPHOS to allow www.mydlink.com like a whitelist.  Is there anyway I could get SOPHOS to stop blocking this domain?  I have no issues seeing the stream on other PCs w/o SOPHOS nor my mobile devices.

When I use the CONFIGURE option in SOPHOS it is all greyed out. So not sure how else I can configure SOPHOS.  Those are shown in the 2nd and 3rd screenshots.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Justin Card,

your screenshots suggests that this is an on-premise manged SESC installation, furthermore you seem to be a member of "just" the Sophos User security group (if you open View product information you'll see your Current user rights).
    As you say my house this might be a employee home use installation, nevertheless it seems to be centrally managed and you should contact your site's IT department.

Christian

• My university offered SOPHOS free for personal use since I was a student.  This was 4 years ago now.  Do you think I would need to purchase SOPHOS for home use to be able to "unlock" this DLINK blocking?

• Hello Justin Card,

licensing questions aside (I take it that you're no longer a student) you probably want to be able to fully manage the private installation. There's a free Home version, cloud-managed with a different look and feel but essentially the same functionality (and AFAIK a paid Premium version with additional features is in the works).

Meanwhile - I wonder why you are not a Sophos Administrator.  Are you using a non-admin account? There's a SophosAdministrator security group in Windows, only accounts that are members of this group can access all of the configuration items. Depending on the policies your university has set up Tamper protection might be enabled which restricts a SophosAdministrator's ability to access certain items.
    If so, the question is which setting blocks the cameras. Even with TP on you should be able to view the Anti-Virus and HIPS and other logs. There should be some information why it is blocked.

Christian   

• Hello Justin Card,

licensing questions aside (I take it that you're no longer a student) you probably want to be able to fully manage the private installation. There's a free Home version, cloud-managed with a different look and feel but essentially the same functionality (and AFAIK a paid Premium version with additional features is in the works).

Meanwhile - I wonder why you are not a Sophos Administrator.  Are you using a non-admin account? There's a SophosAdministrator security group in Windows, only accounts that are members of this group can access all of the configuration items. Depending on the policies your university has set up Tamper protection might be enabled which restricts a SophosAdministrator's ability to access certain items.
    If so, the question is which setting blocks the cameras. Even with TP on you should be able to view the Anti-Virus and HIPS and other logs. There should be some information why it is blocked.

Christian   

Children
No Data