This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DLink wifi cameras are blocked on all browsers. WWW.MYDLINK.COM

I have 3 wifi cameras around my house but Sophos seems to blocking them when I use the website for myDlink.  I contacted DLINK and they inform me SOPHOS is blocking the feed.  I can't configure the settings in SOPHOS to allow www.mydlink.com like a whitelist.  Is there anyway I could get SOPHOS to stop blocking this domain?  I have no issues seeing the stream on other PCs w/o SOPHOS nor my mobile devices.

When I use the CONFIGURE option in SOPHOS it is all greyed out. So not sure how else I can configure SOPHOS.  Those are shown in the 2nd and 3rd screenshots.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Justin Card,

your screenshots suggests that this is an on-premise manged SESC installation, furthermore you seem to be a member of "just" the Sophos User security group (if you open View product information you'll see your Current user rights).
    As you say my house this might be a employee home use installation, nevertheless it seems to be centrally managed and you should contact your site's IT department.

Christian

• My university offered SOPHOS free for personal use since I was a student.  This was 4 years ago now.  Do you think I would need to purchase SOPHOS for home use to be able to "unlock" this DLINK blocking?

• Hello Justin Card,

licensing questions aside (I take it that you're no longer a student) you probably want to be able to fully manage the private installation. There's a free Home version, cloud-managed with a different look and feel but essentially the same functionality (and AFAIK a paid Premium version with additional features is in the works).

Meanwhile - I wonder why you are not a Sophos Administrator.  Are you using a non-admin account? There's a SophosAdministrator security group in Windows, only accounts that are members of this group can access all of the configuration items. Depending on the policies your university has set up Tamper protection might be enabled which restricts a SophosAdministrator's ability to access certain items.
    If so, the question is which setting blocks the cameras. Even with TP on you should be able to view the Anti-Virus and HIPS and other logs. There should be some information why it is blocked.

Christian   

• Hi

Apart from what that has been already mentioned by  there is nothing much that can be configured with a non-admin account. If you no longer have access to the admin account or a part of the initial program which you singed up for, you can try our Sophos Home Premium Beta ( manage upto 10 devices and get 1 years free subscription).

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hello,

configured with a non-admin account
    Gowtham, if can't make himself a SophosAdministrator or TP is still enabled he'd have a problem uninstalling SESC.

Christian

• Hi  

I Agree with you, in that case he might have to follow Sophos Endpoint Defense: How to recover a tamper protected system. I understand that it could be little tiresome process, but still worth a shot so that he can have control over his client's.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I ended up unistalling the Sophos Application completely.  Then the DLINK site worked great.  I use Windows Defender now.

• I also have this problem, I am the administrator of my PC, so now when I have to connect to the cameras I deactivate sophos protection. Can't add an exception for the site?

• Hello Paolo Arlotti,

it depends on the product you are using. The thread was originally about a centrally managed SESC installation. Apart from the question what it is that has to be allowed the challenge is that the managed policy can override local modification at any time.

Of course you can cut the power line to your home if you want to turn off your PC. Question is, what exactly is blocked (www.mydlink.com is accessible, Sophos on the PC can't affect the cameras), if it is, and by what component. This is something you have to find out. With all these combinations of suppliers, devices, and management implementations  it is impossible to have a ready made solution for all of them.

So, basic question is: Which Sophos Endpoint product? Knowing this it's possible to tell what logs should be checked and depending on the findings suggest a solution (of course except someone reading this forum has experience with D-Link cameras and Sophos and is willing to share it).

Christian

• From Justin's old screenshot, it looks like the live view of cameras is failing.  What I've encountered in the past is that IP cameras do not expect any delay in its live feed.  Sophos sees the feed as web traffic, introduces a delay by scanning this traffic, then allows it through.  The problem is that the application does not expect any delay so it either errors out or shows a black screen.  What worked to fix this for me was to add an Anti-virus website exclusion for the IP range of the IP cameras.

Sophos Central: Endpoint Protection > Policies > Threat Protection > Settings > Add Exclusion > Exclusion type: Website, Value: $CameraIP

SEC: Policies > Anti-virus and HIPS > Authorization > Websites > Add