This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Cloud Managed Endpoint and ConnectWise Automate Integration

We are having issues with Sophos Cloud Managed Endpoint (either basic or advanced) being recognized by our RMM tool (ConnectWise Automate, formerly LabTech). Within ConnectWise Automate (CWA), there are settings in which you can interrogate the local workstation or server for program location, definition location, update command, etc.  Sophos support is no help and CWA support says to call Sophos support.  The typical point the finger BS.  I would appreciate anyone who has experienced this issue and has a fix to please chime in here.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Gio Stefani,

anyone who has experienced this issue
    maybe there is someone who has experienced this issue and is reading this forum (and is willing to reply). In the meantime permit me a (dumb) question: What is CWA supposed to do (detect/monitor/automate) - looks like is should be able to trigger an update if necessary and to start a scan?

Christian

• All I really want it to do is detect the presence of the product and monitor the def updates (i.e. last def update date).  Sophos has already provided us a partner script to deploy from CWA for the MSP deployments.  As a partner we deploy both "Termed" and "MSP" licensing but have some customers on RMM so we want to monitor and alert from CWA.

• Hello Gio Stefani,

what can a customer tell a partner. I afraid I have no idea how CWA works and what it needs.
    There are many ways to check the presence of a software but you want to know if it's working (enabled and running in this case). While the key HKLM\SOFTWARE[\Wow6432Node]\Sophos\AutoUpdate\UpdateStatus doesn't tell you that it's running (not even that the AV component is installed) it does tell you when the last update check ran (in epoch format) and whether it was successful. And unless someone "played" with the machine it's: AutoUpdate key present → AV install will be attempted by an update → Result 0 = AV installed.
    Hope this helps a little bit

Christian

• Christian,

Thanks for the update.  It appears that it may be a CWA issue as I have some machine that report the product is installed while other don't.  Same OS and platform (32/64 bit).

• Hi

We use CWA and can monitor Sophos