This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Silent Switches for Sophos Anti-Virus 10.3

Hello,

This request is similar to the one which was discussed in below link.

community.sophos.com/.../setup-switches-not-working-for-sophos-entpoint-security-and-control-9-5

The same effort i am trying to perform with my new offline installer savw_103_sa_sfx.exe

Since i am able to perform installation action in presence of user interface, what causing the failure in Silent mode?

As of now, Do we have any switches available to suppress the installation windows? where i do not required to mention software distribution location and update location.

Please assist. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Srini.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Srini,

new offline installer
    how cone you call 103 new? The current version is 10.7. Did you build it yourself? Or is it the package from Sophos - if so, then answer from the (rather old) thread you've quoted still applies: The package is not intended for unattended (forgive the bad pun) installation.

Otherwise could you describe how you built the package and the details of the failure?

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Actually i didn't customize the package. This installer i have received from my client to proceed with deployment activities. The offline installer provided by Sophos itself. Since it is offline installer i am trying to apply some silent switches to push the application to thousands of systems in unattended mode. based on the UI windows i thought the applications can be suppressed in a silent mode. But no luck. 

savw_103_sa_sfx.exe can be suppressed until it is extracting some main executable under "C:\savw_103_sa" folder. But the main issue is  "C:\savw_103_sa\Setup.exe" executable.

neither it is showing any possible switches nor it is accepting any faulty comments to display at least erroneous results. Rather it is directly launching installation window.

Please suggest me on how to proceed with my Package deployment activities. which should be in unattended mode.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Srini.

• Hello Srini,

as you say received from my client - what's your relation with this client and what's your relation to Sophos (as the provide a package which you then have to install).

First of all - 103 is old, very old. It has been retired quite some time ago, wouldn't receive any definition updates and is therefore unusable.

Then there might be a misconception what the savw_nnn_sa package contains and what its intended use is. I'd assume that an Enterprise Security and Control customer (especially one with thousands of systems) would intend to manage these systems - the SA package is for unmanaged (thus: stand-alone) endpoints only. Consequently locally installed, configured and administered, thus no silent mode or command line switches. Furthermore the savw packages - as opposed to the escw ones - contain just the AV component, not any of the other features available with SESC.

I'd suggest that you settle the version, desired features, and management questions first.

Christian

• Hello Srini,

as you say received from my client - what's your relation with this client and what's your relation to Sophos (as the provide a package which you then have to install).

First of all - 103 is old, very old. It has been retired quite some time ago, wouldn't receive any definition updates and is therefore unusable.

Then there might be a misconception what the savw_nnn_sa package contains and what its intended use is. I'd assume that an Enterprise Security and Control customer (especially one with thousands of systems) would intend to manage these systems - the SA package is for unmanaged (thus: stand-alone) endpoints only. Consequently locally installed, configured and administered, thus no silent mode or command line switches. Furthermore the savw packages - as opposed to the escw ones - contain just the AV component, not any of the other features available with SESC.

I'd suggest that you settle the version, desired features, and management questions first.

Christian

Children
No Data