This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why is Sophos technical support experience so poor on Linux platform?

Dear Sirs,

We have a new customer, who wishes to protect 50 CentOS6 servers with SAV9.x and EC. They made the purchase despite being utterly unsuccessful during trials and getting exactly zero useful Sophos advice in pre-sales. I am shaken by the amount of "bio-robot" answers we got in pre-sales and even in full customer technical support.

Furthermore, I was shocked to find that my full-support case submission was upheld for 3 days by the Sophos's messaging system due to disliking the attachments and even after getting the message "SophosLabs has analyzed the submitted files and determined they are not malicious" the hindi support people are asking me to re-submit the case (no. 7698024)

I must say I haven't faced such frustrating experience since the old days of KL, that is before they had reformed their support process, which is now smooth as silk! I know some AV companies have outsourced their support to far-east Asia, but that doesn't mean customer experience must become torture. E.g. FSC operates out of Malaysia and their indigenous support people couldn't be more diligent and pro-active, they are literraly running errands for us. Their AV product may be lesser in features but support is so reliable it makes up for everything.

So what is going on at Sophos PLC? Why does the bureaucracy, the nitpicking, the hiccups occur? It feels like more like Soviet than Sophos.

Thanks for your attention, Faithfully: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.