This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Script to scan automatically an USB drive

I would like to create a script to analyse my user's USB drive (on Windows 7).

The script's shortcut will be on the user's desktop (it will be the only icon on it) and when they'll clic on it, it will automatically analyse their USB drive.

The problem is that I don't know which programm I have to lauch (I tried with sav32cli.exe, but I was wrong), and which arguments I have to pass.

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello chris vdw,

may I ask why the shortcut on the desktop (why not right-click, Scan with SAV on the device in Explorer - and what is supposed to happen then (other that the drive is scanned)? User waits until the scan has finished, or? Why the scan in the first place?

What didn't work with sav32cli.exe?

Christian

• Hello QC,

This is an antivirus network, use to scan USB drive before to transfer data between different networks.

My company's infosec laws impose that nobody can access to C:, to explorer, to the right clic . . .

The only thing that users can do is to plug an USB drive and lauch my script (or my future script).

When I launch sav32cli, the log says me that 0 files was swept, despite the fact that there are files on my USB drive.

Maybe I use sav32cli.exe with the wrong way.

• Hello chris vdw,

I see, kinda sheep-dip for the removable media? OTOH nevertheless relying on human action?

By default sav32cli.exe scans (and counts) only "vulnerable" file types - call it with sav32cli.exe -vv -? to get a list.

Christian

• Hello chris vdw,

I see, kinda sheep-dip for the removable media? OTOH nevertheless relying on human action?

By default sav32cli.exe scans (and counts) only "vulnerable" file types - call it with sav32cli.exe -vv -? to get a list.

Christian

Children