This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Doubt about reinstalling Sophos Endpoint.

We have Endpoint already installed it but we decide to create a new account to activate a new license with Endpoint and a couple more modules.

My question is:

Can I just install the new .exe even when the old one is present or I have to uninstall the old one and start the new installation?

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello John Henry Vindas Carballo,

Central or on-premise SEC? And which modules? Anyway an uninstall is normally not required (unless you move from Central to SEC or v.v. and then only in certain cases). Depending in the changes it might not even be necessary to install the new product.

Christian

• Hi QC,

- It is Central.

- Modules:

. Device encryption

. Email Standard

. Intercept X

. Mobile Advanced

. Endpoint Advanced

. Phish threat

. Web gateway

. Server protection

. Wireless

Some of this modules are not part of the old account so that's why I thought we had to uninstall the current agent.

• Hello John,

why a new account (and not adding to the existing)?
    Switching accounts in Central is something beyond my knowledge. Gut feeling says you better uninstall and I'd suggest you ask in the Central forum.

Chirstian

• Hi QC,

We decide to switch accounts because we can't activate the new license key, the current Endpoint license is still active and I was getting an error when activating also, it is a Partner account and the last admin was a mess.

Thanks for your help QC.