This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

freeze/thaw VSS failures when Sophos AV is utilized

Unitrends has an article (5520, https://support.unitrends.com/UnitrendsBackup/s/article/ka040000000PmjMAAS/000005520?_ga=2.69789140.576488646.1505169382-1745831295.1501935182) on getting freeze/thaw VSS failures on devices running Sophos A/V when doing backups. 

I've got one server experiencing this with Unitrends. I've got another server with Windows Server Backups that keep failing , but I haven't tried uninstalling Sophos on the 2nd one yet to verify that this this the same issue.

is there any official word from Sophos on this? Has anyone else experienced this? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Everyone,

I completely understand that this issue is open for quite some time. Microsoft is now working to release a fix and back-port the fix to Windows Server 2016. In addition to the fix from Microsoft, we have developed and are currently testing a workaround for the Sophos Central Server Protection product that will enable affected customers to configure the Sophos Health Service polling interval via a registry key, thus avoiding the conflict. We will provide a further update when we have confirmed dates for both the Microsoft and Sophos releases.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.