This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to avoid risky download exe warning on specific website in Sophos Central Endpoint Protection

Using Sophos Central Endpoint Protection I have configured Policies > Web Control > Additional Security Options > Block Risky Downloads > Risky Filetypes > Windows Executable  as "Warn"  in order to make users think twice before  downloading executable files.

I am now trying to implement an exception for a specific website/url where I actively want users to be able to download an exe without a warning (plus the warning is not displaying properly anyway due to framing on that webpage?)

I have tried setting a custom control for the specific website by Global Settings > Website Management and adding the website domain, selecting category as Download (?) and a creating a custom tag,  and then going back to Policies > Web Control > Control Sites Tagging in Web Management to set the custom tag as Allowed. 

However after applying the updated Web Control policy the print client exe is still triggering a warning.

How can I implement an exception to my Risky Filetypes Executable Warning policy?

Paul

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data