This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to uninstall Sophos AutoUpdate 5.2.0.276

Hi there,

I'm just trying to uninstall Sophos AutoUpdate from one of our servers however the Windows Installer is unable to locate the MSI in C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache\sau\. Having a look in the registry for the AutoUpdate install properties gives me a LocalPackage path of C:\Windows\Installer\ddc87f3e.msi, unfortunately this MSI is missing. 

So far I have tried changing the Windows Installer path to this \cache\sau\ directory on one of our working servers, however I receive the same message. I have also tried using a Sophos AutoUpdate msi from the \Windows\Installer\ path of one of our working servers however the operation timed (I image some error due to the AutoUpdate on the functional server being a higher version). 

Would there happen to be somewhere where I could get a hold of a 5.2.0.276 AutoUpdate .msi to use for the uninstall? If I'm misunderstanding the process please feel free to let me know. If there's also any other way to force the program off the server in a friendly manner I'd be very happy to hear it.

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated, cheers,

Christian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.