This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint Protection and Server Protection

Endpoint Protection and Server Protection

Questions / Doubts in Environment on-primises:
Can I install endpoint protection on servers? Are there any restrictions?
A:

Does "Server Protection Enterprise" and "Endpoint Protection Advanced" have exactly the same functionality? What is the advantage of using one or the other?
A:

What is the difference between Server Protection Enterprise and Endpoint Protection Advanced?
A:

Endpoint exploit prevention is sold separately, right?
A:

Is it possible to buy only Endpoint exploit prevention?
A:

Is it possible to use Endpoint exploit prevention along with another vendor's Antivirus? (Intercept X I know is possible)
A:

What is the difference between the normal version and the "For virtualization"?
A:

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Tiago Toledo,

I don't have all answers (I'm not Sophos), I hope the ones I give are correct

Tiago Toledo said:

Yes. No - unless you are in Japan  where you need to lecense servers separately

Tiago Toledo said:

Please see the for Virtualization page  (I assume it is included with Server Protection)

Tiago Toledo said:
    Does "Server Protection Enterprise" and "Endpoint Protection Advanced" have exactly the same functionality? What is the advantage of using one or the other? What is the difference ...?

Server Protection Enterprise includes Anti-Ransomware (aka Exploit Prevention - unfortunate naming as one of the components of Intercept X is also called Exploit Prevention), support for Unix, and Virtualization. Otherwise they are identical

Tiago Toledo said:

AFAIK there's not yet a bundle available. OTOH the number of EXP licenses can be less than the one for EPA

Tiago Toledo said:
    Is it possible to buy only Endpoint exploit prevention? Is it possible to use Endpoint exploit prevention along with another vendor's Antivirus? (Intercept X I know is possible)

No and no. EXP is basically HitmanPro.Alert integrated with SEC and can only be installed together with Endpoint, and in addition Sophos Clean with a license

Christian

• Hello Tiago Toledo,

I don't have all answers (I'm not Sophos), I hope the ones I give are correct

Tiago Toledo said:

Yes. No - unless you are in Japan  where you need to lecense servers separately

Tiago Toledo said:

Please see the for Virtualization page  (I assume it is included with Server Protection)

Tiago Toledo said:
    Does "Server Protection Enterprise" and "Endpoint Protection Advanced" have exactly the same functionality? What is the advantage of using one or the other? What is the difference ...?

Server Protection Enterprise includes Anti-Ransomware (aka Exploit Prevention - unfortunate naming as one of the components of Intercept X is also called Exploit Prevention), support for Unix, and Virtualization. Otherwise they are identical

Tiago Toledo said:

AFAIK there's not yet a bundle available. OTOH the number of EXP licenses can be less than the one for EPA

Tiago Toledo said:
    Is it possible to buy only Endpoint exploit prevention? Is it possible to use Endpoint exploit prevention along with another vendor's Antivirus? (Intercept X I know is possible)

No and no. EXP is basically HitmanPro.Alert integrated with SEC and can only be installed together with Endpoint, and in addition Sophos Clean with a license

Christian

Children
  • Hi Christian,

If I can install the version of Endpoint on the Windows server, I do not know why having different versions. What I realized that has difference is the version for Cloud has server functionalities.
    1) The question is why buy "Server protection" if "Endpoint protection" works the same way and is cheaper?
    A:

2) Regarding "For virtualization" I can not understand what it is for? Why buy this version if it's all the same or because it has this separation. The link that you put does not talk about what the advantage to use, what has difference ???
    A:

Thanks for the answers.

• Hello Tiago Toledo,

ask Marketing why it is packaged this way [;)].
    Some historical view before I'll try to answer your questions. Initially the license for (advanced) Endpoint permitted the number of servers to be 10% of licensed users, later this was raised to 25%, and now there's no restriction. In return the version for UNIX platforms (which have no On-Access component) is no longer in the bundle.

A: You need a(n on-premise) Server license if you have UNIX servers you want to run Sophos on or want to use the for Virtualization product (sorry, the link in my post was incorrect, amended now). No on-premise license includes Malicious Traffic Detection for servers.

Christian