This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Download locations for LAN deployment with AD policy

Our Sophos enterprise console is failing to update our clients when we enable an AD policy to restrict .exe and other restricted file types from running.

I am able to add exceptions to the policy but do not know where sophos places the updates when they are downloaded from the console?

Allowing entire temporary files folders on all our clients would defeat the object. Could anyone advise the exact folder/filenames involved?  

Many thanks,

Tony

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Well the process on the client that does the downloading and installing of the components is alupdate.exe.  This is a component of AutoUpdate but as AutoUpdate can update AutoUpdate, the process is from a temporary location.  \programdata\sophos\autoupdate\cache\sophos_autoupdate1.dir\alupdate.exe.

I assume you don't have an issue with Sophos Update Manager on the management server updating the distribution locations.  This is just a config with the clients to allow the AutoUpdate component to update.

Regards,

Jak

• Well the process on the client that does the downloading and installing of the components is alupdate.exe.  This is a component of AutoUpdate but as AutoUpdate can update AutoUpdate, the process is from a temporary location.  \programdata\sophos\autoupdate\cache\sophos_autoupdate1.dir\alupdate.exe.

I assume you don't have an issue with Sophos Update Manager on the management server updating the distribution locations.  This is just a config with the clients to allow the AutoUpdate component to update.

Regards,

Jak

Children