This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

web protection error incompatible program

Hi

I am deploying Sophos as our new anti-virus and we are getting the following error in the enterprise console every time Sophos “ a0580006 web protection error (incompatible program: LanSchool student)” I have tried to block this program from being scanned in the on access scan settings but to no avail has anyone else got any ideas on how I can stop the message coming up every time a computer restarts as this is out classroom management software we have over 700 machines with this software on. I have included some screens shots of the error I am getting and what I have done to try and stop it.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Regards,

John

John

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • If you disable the Web Protection features in the AV policy and The Web control feature and reboot (Windows 7) I assume the message stops?

The check for incompatible applications with Web Control happens as the Sophos Web Intelligence service starts (5 minutes after startup of the service for say Windows 10) and then every hour.

I assume you only see this message on Windows 7 computers?  Not on say Windows 10?

Regards,

Jak

• Hi Jak

Sorry for not replying sooner been very busy.  Yes if you disable both drop downs in web protection > malware protection the error does stop and I had not initially noticed this but it is only in Windows 7 and not Windows 10 sadly 99% of our computers are Windows 7, is the only/easiest way to fix this to just keep the web protection disabled or is there something I can do to make the web protection ignore this application.

Thanks,

John

• The LanSchool application is incompatible with the Sophos LSP which is used on Windows 7/2008/2008R2.  As a result it is baked into the LSP diag application to prevent breaking the software.  On later platforms, Windows 8+, the Sophos endpoint doesn't use an LSP (uses WFP) so you don't see the issue.

I'm afraid it's one application or the other on these platforms.

Regards,

Jak

• Hi Jak

Thanks for the information I had a feeling that was going to be the answer looks like I will just have to keep the web protection disabled until we can afford to replace the machines which could be a long time off.

Thanks again,

John